NYSE Market News

Kroger Co. Q1 Profit Rises, Beats Estimate (KR)

Jun 14 2012 @ 05:00
Kroger Co. (NYSE:KR), today, posted better-than-expected profit in its first-quarter, driven by strong sales. The higher-than-expected profit also prompted KR to boost its full-year profit outlook. Kroger, which is the biggest supermarket chain in the U.S., reported a 4.2% increase in its identical-supermarket sales, excluding fuel. This is the 34th straight quarter where the company has...

Textron Confirms Agreement with NetJets (TXT)

Jun 12 2012 @ 09:20
Textron Inc. (NYSE:TXT), today, confirmed that it entered into an agreement with NetJets Inc. to deliver as many as 150 of its Citation Latitude business jets. TXT expects to commence initial deliveries in 2016. TXT confirmed the signing of the agreement following a Wall Street Journal report that said NetJets intends to buy up to […]

Best Buy Founder Resigns from the Board; May Sell Stake in the Company (BBY)

Jun 07 2012 @ 09:22
Best Buy Co. Inc. (NYSE:BBY) founder Richard Schulze, today, resigned for the company’s Board. Schulze also said that he may sell his entire stake in the electronics retailer. Schulze has a 20.1% stake in BBY. The resignation of Schulze is the latest blow to the Minneapolis-based company. BBY has already been hit by a CEO […]

Wal-Mart Prepares Itself for Stormy Annual Shareholder Meeting (WMT)

Jun 01 2012 @ 09:37
As Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (NYSE:WMT) gears up for an annual general meeting on Friday, massive backlash is expected from investors and fragmented shareholder groups who are unhappy over company’s alleged role in a bribery scandal in Mexico. Infuriated over past deeds of executives and board of directors, these groups are calling for an ouster of […]

Hewlett-Packard to Slash 27,000 Jobs (HPQ)

May 24 2012 @ 09:39
Personal computer maker Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE:HPQ) after-market close on Wednesday announced plans to layoff about 27,000 employees of 8% of its workforce over the next two years. The job cuts are part of company’s plan to jumpstart growth and save up to $3.5 billion annually. HPQ plans to make the layoffs mainly through early retirement. […]

Best Buy Q1 Earnings Drop 25% (BBY)

May 22 2012 @ 09:40
Best Buy Co. Inc. (NYSE:BBY), a multinational retailer of consumer electronics, computing and mobile phone products, entertainment products, appliances, and related services, today, reported a 25% decline in its first-quarter earnings. However, the retailer’s adjusted profit rose, sending shares higher in early trading. BBY shares are up more than 1% in early trading today. For […]

Barnes & Noble Expands Digital Offering with Microsoft

Apr 30 2012 @ 08:18
The world’s largest bookseller Barnes & Noble (NYSE:BKS) joined software giant Microsoft in a partnership that will “accelerate the transition to e-reading”valued at US$1.7 billion, the NYSE-listed company announced Monday, April 30th. Microsoft was reported to invest US$300 million for a 17.6% stake in the joint venture with the rest of the 82.4% to be held by Barnes & Noble […]

Goldman Fined over Information Leaks

Apr 13 2012 @ 08:20
Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS) , the controversial New York based investment bank, has been fined $22 million by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) for reportedly tipping off top clients about stocks. The SEC alleges that between 2006 and 2011, information from weekly equity research meetings between the firm’s analysts and traders was leaked to […]

Goldman Executive Exposes "Toxic" Culture in Scathing Editorial

Mar 15 2012 @ 09:56
Shares of Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS) closed down 3.4% yesterday after a now former executive published a scathingly expository editorial in the New York Times. The London-based executive, Greg Smith, headed the firm’s United States equity derivatives department in EMEA and had been with the firm for 12 years, beginning as a summer intern. Smith asserted […]

Zynga Bets the Farm on $1 Billion IPO

Dec 16 2011 @ 09:32
Internet gaming company Zynga (NYSE:ZNGA) made its Initial Public Offering on Thursday, selling 100 million shares at $10 each and valuing the company at $9 billion. Shares will be open for public trading at 9:30 am in New York (2:30 pm GMT) on Friday. The $1 billion raised makes Zynga the biggest tech IPO since […]
  • Jump to a different page:
  • 1
  • ...
  • 86
  • 87
  • 88
Do you want to write for our Newspaper? Get in touch: newspaper@advfn.com

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

P: V: D:20210518 09:59:25